- Community Engagement by passing out invitations
- A lifestyle that demonstrates Christ's love and truth
- Authenticity in who we are with an emphasis on being real.
- Isolation from those who need us
- Compartmentalizing people based on media descriptions
- A desire to blend in and act like others
- Approaching people with truth but without love
REACHING THE LOST
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost… Matthew 28:19
Reaching those who know their need of Christ.
The Bible calls us sheep and Christ the great Shepherd. He is more concerned for those sheep that are not part of the fold, than he is about anything else.
Reaching religious people.
People are dropping out of churches every Sunday! Why is that? Because many people have made a religious habit of attending, but never experienced the transformation that comes from Christ.
- Coming to corporate worship with a desire to learn and grow.
- Actively looking for ways to learn outside of church
- Participating in small groups to learn and contribute
- A know-it-all attitude; lacking curiosity
- Not wanting to personally admit you can learn from any person and in any situation
TEACHING THE SAINTS
And the things thou has heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18
Our emphasis is on teaching "thus saith the Lord". It is God's Word that shows us how o live in our new nature and helps us to develop a better relationship with our God through love and obedience.
- Looking for ways to help one another using your gifts
- Positive, can-do spirit that refreshes others
- Giving others liberty to grow in roles
- Desire to be team-oriented
- Not allowing others to creatively grow in their role
- Negative spirit
- Only participating when you can be the hero
INSPIRING TO SERVICE
A maturing Christian who loves the Lord will be inspired to serve Him! We all have unique skills and abilities that benefit the body of Christ. Not only are we unique, but that uniqueness is able to benefit other christians and your church.